Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Life lessons, 2012

Last night I opened the last Dove chocolate in the bag. I slowly unwrapped it and bit into the decadent piece of candy. What I neglected to do, for possibly the first time in weeks, was to take a good look at the message inside of the foil. I'm looking this morning...

"Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances."

Amen, little chocolate. Amen.
2012 has not been exactly what I expected. There have been plenty of hiccups, and I've experienced my fair share of panic. But I also have been fed in a way that I never foresaw. I have had interactions that have lifted me up and moments that bring absolute bliss. Instead of dismissing these in troubled times, I choose to hold on to them. Today, I choose joy.

Happiness is not in the worries of tomorrow, nor in the details of today. Happiness is the little beauty that I find along the path. Happiness is the small things, as I made a daily reminder throughout 2011. I will not forget those small things. Happiness is in my heart.

And that is why I continue to eat chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment