Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 27, already?

Happiness is...

High fives. Seriously, tell me something that makes you feel more accomplished! Look to a colleague, tell them about your successes for the day, and share a high five. That is happiness in its best form.

I work in a middle school. When the kids get excited about their good grades or incentives, a high five is such a simple concept that goes so far. It connects the two of you in celebrating that moment. And it restores all of their self-confidence. Nothing can bring them down for the remainder of the day.

Little did I know how applicable it is throughout the remainder of your life, though. When I'm 85 and I get my dentures glued in just perfectly, I want a high five.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh... i'm thinking you got rid of what I said... i'm sorry. I changed the title of the blog... hopefully that makes it better... are you up? I can't sleep now, anyway... imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery, so please remember that and I was just being honest with what i said.... love you!

    ReplyDelete