Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Finishing early

Happiness is...

Finishing projects early. I don't care if the deadline was extended, I'm happier turning it in tonight and moving on. It makes me feel more competent and it keeps my anxiety in check. I love getting things out of the way, because otherwise you can bet that my perfectionist tendencies will take over before I'm able to do it right. Even when I finish a project, I will continue to proof it until I turn it in at last. Might as well check it off the list! Luckily, I was able to do just that.

Getting projects out of the way also opens my afternoon to work on the next thing. That's the glory of grad school... there's no such thing as being ahead of schedule.

This probably sounds compulsive and overwhelming, but I promise it's a good thing.  I'm able to breathe, and I'm prepared to look ahead. In three weeks, I will have relief. For now, this is my nature. Bring it on, finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment