Sunday, November 20, 2011

Six weeks left

Happiness is...

Persistence.

Every year, we make lofty goals for January 1st. Exercise regularly. Journal. Travel. Identify one thing every day that makes me happy. This year, I was determined. I did not neglect my dreams, nor did I forget my little resolutions. Since the beginning of 2011 I have headed off on my own, started graduate school, lost ten pounds, visited old friends, and kept this blog going the whole time. Sure, I've had to make up lost days here and there. It hasn't always been creative or poignant. Some days, I spend more time trying to think of something happy than writing my post.

But I have kept at it. And six weeks from today, I will no longer be writing this. I will have moved on. It's not likely that next year's resolution will be bigger or better (365 days of happy was beyond grueling), but I will enter the new year knowing that, if I wanted it to be, it could. I have learned more about myself, have documented the simple ups and downs of my year, and have found the little things. With six weeks to go, I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment