Monday, March 21, 2011

Meteorologists

Happiness is...

Meteorologists. In the morning, I wake up, pour a bowl of cereal, and watch the news for traffic conditions and weather expectations. I walk out of the house with mittens on because I have got the secret: just when you thought Spring was coming mother nature hits with another 1-2 inches of snow and a windchill of 3 degrees. Single digits, did you hear me?

Not to worry, I have the forecast. In fact, I can look ahead and acknowledge that a walk around the lake may be plausible once it rises back to 41 degrees.

And for instances just like this, I can peek into the future and pack accordingly for the 70 degree weather that awaits me at the other end of the tarmac. All because these little scientists out there somewhere want to make my life just a bit easier. Today, I thank you. Now, let me get back to my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment