Friday, April 1, 2011

Patience

Happiness is...

patience
/ˈpeɪʃəns/ [pey-shuhns]

–noun
1.the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2.an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3.quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.


For me, patience means being able to stay calm in long wait. Currently, when people ask me details about where I'll be next year I don't have an answer for them. Applications for graduate schools go in throughout December. Interviews begin in February. Acceptance letters come in March. Funding is worked out through April. And finally, I'll be able to have some direction.

Patience is the compassion to deal with family and friends with kind words and a flexible spirit. Patience is the resolve in mind, and it is evasive. Patience is something I strive for daily, but something valuable to achieve. Patience brings happiness, am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment