Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Cleaning.

Happiness is...

Spring cleaning time.

Am I actually a person who enjoys cleaning? I think I'd rather chew on my tax forms. However, when I am sitting in the center of a tidy room, staring at several bags of clutter I plan to donate... that is a glorious moment.

I grew up as a pack rat. I may not use that telescope now, but you never know when the apocalypse will hit and that will be our saving grace. I haven't worn that shirt in 3 years but what if I want to wear it next month some time? These are negative thought patterns that I had to overcome. Strive to toss. And now, I take spring cleaning seriously. It's the time to ask myself how important my personal sanity is versus how important that old purse is. Guess which one I pick?

Sometimes it's the old purse. But more often than not, I am happy with the result of de-cluttering. Happy Cleaning, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment