Sunday, October 30, 2011

Costumes

Happiness is...

People watching on holidays. I told you I'd have more to say, and here it is: I love costumes. No, I don't care to spend a ton of time or energy or money on my own... last year I just stuffed my shirt and went as pregnant, the year before I went as a newsie (PLEASE tell me you've seen the movie)... but I am so glad I had the chance to catch a glimpse of everyone else's last night. That's the thing about a chill night downtown---instead of being an interesting object, I just got to relax and see others for exactly how interesting they were.

My favorite costumes:
- Lego guys (literally, had yellow Styrofoam hats and claws)
- Male sexy nurse... no, not in scrubs, but in the little red and white jumpsuit.
- Frank, from Donnie Darko. Absolutely terrifying.
- Sock monkey, which is now sported by my beautiful baby goddaughter!

I know, I know, it's not Halloween quite yet. But I have taken serious joy out of seeing everyone celebrate pre-spooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment