Monday, October 17, 2011

Mylar

Happiness is...

Those little mylar-balloons-on-a-stick. They never deflate! Never stop sending their message! (and depending on the occasion that can be a very good or very bad thing) Sure, you can tell me I did a good job. You can write me a quick heartfelt note or give a few flowers. That's so sweet.

But there's this tiny balloon in the corner of my desk that's still nagging me, I care. It refuses to give up, refuses to be tucked away. In 5th grade I received one that said "Get well"... and I'm convinced that if I hadn't thrown it out when I was packing for college, it would still be shining its beacon. Even after throwing it out, my guilt keeps it in the back of my mind---funny how that works. Who said diamonds are the only forever? Pick up a couple of these bad boys and you'll be on that someone's dresser until they get the courage to pop or toss it. In my case, that's a long time on the dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment