Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy they're happy

Happiness is...

Being appreciated for the work I do. The life of a volunteer coordinator is filled with highs and deep lows, and often I can get bogged down. I take things seriously. I get very invested and very discouraged by the regular ebb and flow.

I take a lot of responsibility for recruiting, training, supervising, and retaining my volunteers. When it doesn't work well, it pretty much sucks.

But then there are the volunteers who make a point to tell you on their way out the door, "it has been such a pleasure working with you, you have a great program here and I am having fun!" Things that make the work worth it: people who see what you have done for them and are happy that you took the time. Without them, I just wouldn't. So, thank YOU for continuing to come, and for brightening my day while you're at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment