Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hummus!

Happiness is...

Hummus. There are a million varieties. And now you can make it from sweet potatoes! Happiness is hummus because I'm always in the mood for it and I never feel guilty for eating it. Put it on a pita, on crackers, on celery or carrots, or just dip your finger in it and savor the chickpea and garlic.

Why was I born White? I am convinced I should have come from another country, because everything that I think is bland or annoying is American. Go figure. For now, I am happy eating our wonderful foreign food mock-ups or imports. When I'm rich and famous (not if!) I will spend extra time walking the Incan trail. I will head to Australia to go bungee jumping. I will hang out in Moscow for the afternoon. I will fly down to Jordan or Lebanon or something and sit on my camel and chow down on some real hummus, tabouli, lamb, what have you. As for now, I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment