Thursday, February 24, 2011

Keys

Happiness is...

The car alert that comes with leaving your keys in the ignition. The way the car politely screams out your oopsies is a godsend. I remember the age when I drove a 1990 Corsica and locked my keys in my car more than once. Heck, I can recall an event locking my keys in my car while the engine was running---luckily we are past those times!

Now, if I forget my keys in the ignition the bell begins to ring. What a sweet little Saturn... Even if I disregard it, the lock will automatically undo itself, for my sake. Please tell me you're fortunate enough to have a similar component in your car, or perhaps you are just much less absent-minded. It wouldn't be very difficult to outdo me there.

Regardless of how intelligent you are, you often don't even have to think. Technology has begun to outsmart the general public. Sometimes, it's frankly annoying. However, other times, it saves my ass. Thank you Saturn!

1 comment:

  1. I seem to recall a time you left the keys in while the car was running... lol

    ReplyDelete