Monday, September 19, 2011

fuzzy blankets

Happiness is...

Fuzzy blankets. It's that time of the year, when I add some backup to the measly covers on my bed. Pull the blankets out of the closet, stretch them out on the bed, and add some weight and some warmth in the chilly apartment. And it's more than just an additional quilt. It is an extra-soft micro-plush cover. Instead of just bundling up and feeling okay about it, I get to scream excitement from every extremity. As I pull it up to my chin I am enveloped in a cave of amazing warmth. It makes my frigid toes more content, and as my fingers run through the wonderful fibers the rest of my body is happy as well. Sure, I don't want to get out of bed. But it's also that time of the year, when the nights are starting to get longer anyway. That must mean that we get more time to sleep, correct? Well, don't ruin my thunder just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment