Sunday, September 25, 2011

Snail mail.

Happiness is...

Snail mail. I love correspondence. I enjoy receiving emails, seeing cute posts on social networking sites, or a nice long phone call. But nothing quite cheers up my day like opening a letter and reading a note from someone. There's something so personal about the old fashioned way of doing things, signed, sealed, delivered. If I could, I might even consider sending a telegram to tell someone I'm thinking of them.

Some days all I wish for is life to slow down a little, to be able to curl up for a short nap, to enjoy lunch with friends, and to take pleasure in the simpler things like postal stamps and cute stationary.

Besides, with deployment in full swing, it makes it so much more romantic and  picturesque if you're receiving handwritten notes, sending cards with your perfume sprayed on the envelope, and waiting in between. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE skype. But, I also love the era of Pride and Prejudice, or of Little Women, or of Singing in the Rain. Old school, yo. Just like love letters.






No comments:

Post a Comment