Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Warm toes

Happiness is...

Tucking your feet into your body and feeling the warmth spread.

This morning was not extremely exciting. It was probably no more than 50 degrees outside and the rain was coming through (not down) in torrents. An umbrella didn't even help. My face was wet and my jeans were freezing into a stiff mass. I was sure that I was going to experience instantaneous pneumonia. Yes, in September.

Luckily, after I got to work after the long walk and got my clothes to dry off, I'm still able to slip out of my flats and stick my toes into the fold in my knees. It's the same concept as sticking my cold hands up the back of your shirt, though slightly less discomforting. Instead, it's nothing but pure joy, as my toes radiate with warmth and fit cozily into the crooks in my body. We were made to hold ourselves. Embrace throughout the frigid fall temperatures. Rejuvenate mid-day. And now here I am, warm and relaxed, sitting in a jumbled ball at my desk. It just doesn't get much better than this...

No comments:

Post a Comment